|47||Warning "STarStationImport.xla could not be found" is displayed.|
|[STarStation 2.0][STarStation 2.3]|
If the STarStation Data Import Add-In for Microsoft Excel (STarStationimport.xla) has been upgraded or the location of the file has changed, Excel may generate a warning message on start-up.
This error is due to Excel attempting at start-up to open an excel addin file (.xla) which no longer exists because it has been deleted, renamed or moved to an alternate folder.
To resolve this issue we must modify settings in the operating system registry (users MUST possess Administrative permissions to modify the registry):
1) Ensure that Excel is not running. Click the Windows Start Button.
2) Select the Run option
3) Type "regedit" in the Open field and click the OK button.
4) The Registry Editor starts.
5) Using the Panel to the left of the editor, navigate to the Key:
Please note that the exact key may differ depending upon the version of office which is installed. If there are several keys for different versions of office, the key you need to modify will most probably be the latest version.
6) Identify the OPEN value which includes the same path as that displayed in the warning message.
7) Place the Mouse Pointer over the relevant Open key value, click the right-mouse button to display the following menu
8) Select the Delete option, or alternatively with the correct value selected press the delete key on your keyboard
9) When prompted for confirmation of the deletion, press the Yes button.
10) Start Microsoft Excel, the warning message should no longer be displayed.
|[ Close Window ]|